Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Floating Market of Hua Hin


Morning has arrived, we are off to the train station
to mail my letters to Lavina.  It is already very warm





I walk the streets to see what I might capture this morning


When I look over to a shrine, there is a cat
stealing from the gods.


Then it looks at me as though it is a god in its own right.

I take photos of the many offerings that the people have displayed
  
And the cat keeps an eye on me.
  I love the many offerings and how the glisten in the sun.


Look at the mortar bikes at the train station.

Front and back.... looks amazing
  What a busy station this morning
 An artifact train..1930, I think


Such a relic, I loved its colour



 A block or two from the station, is the fire station, and a truck


The light turns green, and the sign shows how many seconds till it is red again.


Cats have a very welcomed and honoured place among 
the Tia people.  I noticed the stores sell a lot
more cat stuff...beds, toys, clothes, stroller for cats then dogs!  


I took a shot of this sign as we drove by earlier...but this time
I stopped in...walking around the block beside the train station.


Instead the ice-cream man...It's the BROOM MAN!


Look how busy the train station is...WOW

   
Hey Aunika...look what I found at the train station!


Arriving at the floating market.

$400 Bats to get in (for foreigner )


The fish around the market.  Sooo interesting.




Trying a sample of a candy...worst candy I ever had..EVER!
It was like slime and tasteless.

Corn, puff balls wrapped in cobs.


Dryed foods...peas, potatoes, carrots bananas...
it was amazing what she had


4 steps to cooking your noodles.






Look at the bum...I mean the dog of course!  Bahahaha


Kinds of apples



Pink noodle soup.  Yummy


Loved these soup pots.

Another pink soup gobbler

Looking down the market benches.

Beautiful texture and colour.


Different kind of duck


Pineapple plante

Look at the face...cute or ugly??



Beautiful faded colour







While we were walking the board walk, a play
 began unfold right there in from of us.. It was a
the old story of "love",  followed by fear, jealous, fight, win and lose 

No words were spoken, it was all done through
dance and expression.
It starts with the Queen...a curse.... her daughter the 
princess.  Falls in love with a prince...
Black princess fights her to the 
death...she dies.  The prince rejects
the evil princess.  Brings the other, white, good 
princess back to life..The End!


Here are a few captures 























No comments: