Thursday, March 19, 2009

Update from Mother

Hello Family:

Tomorrow is the first day of spring...wow! NICE. Daniel dear it was very said to hear about your colleague. It is so sad when a Dad dies so young and leaves behind a young family. We send our regards to the family and of course to you. Joe is into his two weeks off,I am sure he is thrilled to be back home. Caleb's second Big Man tooth has now popped out and can be seen....Could we have a picture...pleaseee???? Corinna and I had a chat this week, it has been hard for Corinna as she is deal with her Moms illness...we are keeping Karen in our prayers and thoughts. Isaac had three wisdom teeth out. He has been a real trooper...was only down for one day. Becky has been taking excellent care of him. Kristopher has his week off this week too. Heidi and Nonni sure Will be glad to have time with Daddy. In about five weeks Heidi will be coming home for a visit. Papa and I are very excited. Heidi is feeling much better these days, and Nonni is recovering from a virus called RSV...and she being the loving cousin that she is, shared it with Hadassah. Hadassh still is very sick. Poor little girl is going on her second week, we sue do love our Dassi-Doo. Skee has also been off school this week, (Doctors Orders!), he does not mind one bit...not being at school. He is suffering with a sore throat and his ahsama has been taking its toll. THANK GOODNESS FOR OUR HEALTHY CALEB!!!!

Roxann is worn out. She has been running a home-hospital, (kind of like home schooling), she has been tending Mark with pneumonia, Skee, with ahsama, Dassi with RSV, and herself with a head cold...plus her dryer was broke for days on end!!

The Provincial Government her in New Brunswick had laid off hundreds of civil servant...unfortunately Dad was not one of them...too bad...he wanted to be...!

I am now walking with a cane...my leg is doing wonderful.

I wrote to a computer company a few weeks ago to see if I could get a computer for Skee. One that could turn his hand writing into typed words. He is having a terrible time writing, to the point where his has been taking out of the cursive writing program. His sensory disorder cause him a lot of pain when holding a pen. The IBM(Levono) company called me yesterday and are going to send him a think-pad called the "X" series to be used at school for his work. I am thrilled with this donation. I am so glad that I took the time to write to them. The school will be thrilled!!

Aww, did everyone see how cute little Aunika is walking. She is the jolliest little thing EVER!

Congrats to the Phillips on the new car. Sure is nice to be able to fit the whole family into ONE car..Uh!

I bought myself a new Pentax camera today...online. It is my first SLR digital camera. All my old Pentax lenses will fit my new digital. My camera is called Pentax K2000... I was very blessed this week...and old friend returned to me $400 unexpectedly...and I have wanted professional camera ever since I used Joe's and Corinna's 10mp one. So since the money was unexpected and I have been saving for a year ($105 saved)...I jumped on board and bought it.

It has been melting here for a few days...the snow drifts are half the size they have been....Yaaa!

I talked to Daniel a couple of weeks ago. We talked for 45 minutes...He sure had a wonderful time in his Xmas break travels. he bought everyone some real nice things... We mailed Daniel off his Birthday gift last week...Dad for got to put his card and a small book in....so I am sending that off to him the first of next week....for anyone who wishes to know Daniel turns THIRTY 30!!! Woooohooo!!!

Dad is doing well, and keeping well, and eating well, and working well....ya Dad is doing well!

Talked to Aunt BeBe on her B-Day...She is such a darling, she sure loves Logan her pup. I am getting lots of tips on his care..she will soon be going away and we will be caring for Doggie-boy.

Auntie Lavina knit me another sock to match my cast one. dad wanted to have them for work! Kris wait till you see hope big these socks are...KRIS SIZE +++... She has been knitting the NICEST woolen mittens too....put your order in for next year guys!! Stan and her were sick with sinus attacks...or something like that...Lavina can tell you more about that.

Nanny Westall's Birthday is this month March the 24th...give her a call...506 357 2822....
Mother sure loves you one and all...oh ya I painted my living room wall red...I will send pictures later on. Right now I am off to watch planet earth with dad.

God Bless You: Daniel, Isaac, Becky, Bartholomew-Joe, Corinna, Caleb, Robin, Heidi, Nonni, Mark, Roxi, Skee, Dassi-Doo......I love you with all my heart!!
Mother/Nana Standring xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments: